Dear members and friends of Valley Park,
It has been a whole year since our economy went into shut down and churches have been restricted from meeting. I am happy to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that we will be meeting together again with regularity within the near future. I am excited to see what God is going to do among us.
In many ways, our church will be the same. It will be the same because the majority of us know each other and 12 months apart will not hinder restoration of our fellowship. I have always experienced quick restoration of friendships when distanced over time. In fact, I am often surprised at how we often quickly pick up where we left off. We know each other and our bond is strong.
On the other hand, we will not be exactly the same in the things we are doing. There will be new faces and new volunteers. I believe there will be renewal of our focus and ability to do more for Jesus Christ. I am anticipating some growth. One thing that has happened over the year is that many small churches have closed and thus there will be more people looking for places of fellowship, encouragement and service. We are already seeing new faces and the work of God in helping us prepare. A few things you can anticipate are:
- Our Worship Experience: We have added a few musicians and vocalists to our worship team over the last 12 months. There will be newness in our worship experience.
- Youth Ministry: Victor Paz has gathered close to 35 youth on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings (10-15). This involves approximately 25 additional youth coming to church who were not coming before the shut-down. They are learning about the value of serving the church. This will bring newness to our Sunday morning gatherings.
- Children’s Ministry: We will be building up our children’s program. The Christian Education Team will be meeting soon to discuss the re-opening of our Sunday School and Nursery. We have potential new teachers and are hoping to have an exciting program in place for when we open. There will be newness in our children’s ministry.
- Media Ministry: With so many people watching church services from home we have prioritized the development of our media ministry. This includes improvements to the sound in our live-streaming service on Sundays (which we will continue into the future). It will also include a YouTube Channel and Instagram that will be maintained with weekly posts. I believe this will extend our church family and even draw more visitors to VPC in person. I am excited about the short 8-10-minute teaching videos being recorded which will be posted on our YouTube channel. This will be part of our newness as well.
I believe this time of shut-down and slow-down has allowed me time to think, reassess, and consider new directions and possibilities in ministry. I am talking to a few other ministers several times a week. I have considered the agenda of many new church plants and have become convinced that we are able to do much more than new churches are capable of doing. I have a renewed sense of vision for Valley Park and believe God is leading new servant leaders to us.
I hope you are encouraged as you look toward the future. Our hope is not on the things we see and hear, but on the things that Jesus is doing among us and will do through us if we prioritize making Him known. Be encouraged by new possibilities in the ministries of Valley Park. We are privileged to be placed in a time such as this.
“Seeing the people, He (Jesus) felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore, beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”Matthew 9:36-38
Pray with me for the future of Valley Park. Pray specifically for the growth of our children’s and youth ministries so that families will be excited to come to church. Pray for our worship team that through the use of their gifts we will all enter into the presence of the Lord on Sundays through what they offer. This is worship in song. Pray for our growth in understanding God’s revealed will and our partnering with Him in the building of the family of God. Pray for me as a pastor to lead us into newness.
I love all of you and am grateful to be a member of such a loving and faithful family of God,
Connecting with Our Youth:
Youth Leader – Victor Paz
Youth Group Monthly Agenda Learning Topics:
- Trusting Jesus
- Getting out of our Comfort Zone
- Serving the Body of Christ
Meeting Location: Ranch House
- Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30 pm
- Sunday Service from 10:30 am to 12 pm
- March barbecue for all March birthdays (not yet scheduled)
- Prayer Walk (03/20) at 5pm at Monroe High School
Victor Jr. (03/2)
Youth Leader Victor Paz
Connecting with Each Other
Be thankful for the future and freedom to begin meeting again. Be mindful of our need to minister to each other. Continue to prioritize keeping in touch with a few people so that they are mindful of VP’s commitment to them.
Attend a Wednesday Night Bible Study at 7 p.m. via ZOOM. You can download ZOOM at https://zoom.us/download. If you need help, call me.
- Join us at the church for our Senior Fellowship on Thursdays at 10 a.m. in the Church courtyard.
- Come down to the church on Saturdays for our Men’s Group at 9 a.m. in the Church courtyard.
- Remember, we do gather on Sundays and you can safely return to worship and fellowship.
- Children’s Church and Nursery remain closed but are coming soon.
Let’s prioritize some time together in some of the things we are doing. I would like to see you participate.
Valley Park March Birthdays
03/02 Izaiah Paz (child)
Victor Paz, Jr (youth)
03/03 Brandon Cortez (helps in sound booth)
03/05 Santiago Jimenez (child)
Ruben Figueroa, Jr
03/07 Zina Flores, Jr (child)
03/11 Silvio Junior, Jr (youth)
03/16 Fe Ignacio
Nathan Eugenio (child)
Julieta Jiminez (child)
03/17 Jim Franco
03/19 Fay Wilson
03/20 Bob Hazlet
03/22 Katara Han (child)
03/28 Jimmy Gutierrez (youth)
03/30 Lauren Rivadeneira
Valley Park Financial Report
through February 28, 2021
Weekly Budgeted Giving Estimated $2,692
Weekly Giving: 4-week month
February 7 and 14 $4,133
February 21 and 28 $4,904
February Target (2,692 /week x 4) $10,768
February Actual $9,037
February Variance minus $1,691
Year to Date (July through December)
YTD Target $94,220
YTD Actual $83,957
YTD Variance minus $10,263